Florida Healthy Kids
VISTA has provided affordable health coverage to children in communities across the state. Our contracted providers are committed to helping you manage your child’s healthcare.
The Florida Healthy Kids is a public/private partnership that provides affordable, comprehensive health insurance for school-age children ages 5 through 18 in the state of Florida.
Choose more benefits to help your child stay healthy:
- $5 copay for primary care doctor office visits
- Prescription medications
- $0 copay for well-child care
- $0 copay for annual/school physicals
- $0 copay for immunizations
- 24-Hour Nurse Line is available for your medical questions when you can not reach your doctor at 1-888-607-8180
- Behavioral Health - Contact PsychCare, a company that contracts with VISTA to provide these services at 1-800-221-5487 or visit their website at http://psychcare.com.
Enrollment and Eligibility
To be eligible for the Healthy Kids program, children must meet the following criteria:
- Between 5 and 19 years of age
- Uninsured; and
- Not eligible for Medicaid or Children’s Medical Services
- Not the dependent of a State employee
- Either a US citizen or a qualified alien
- Applicant child may not have access to employer sponsored insurance; or if have such access, then the cost exceeds 5% of the family’s income;
- Applicant child has not voluntarily lost employer coverage within six months of application;
- Applicant child is not eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Medical Services Network (CMSN) as defined by the Florida KidCare Act (§409.810 – 409.820, Florida Statutes); and,
- Effective January 30, 2005, dependants of full-time state employees are no longer eligible.
Coventry is pleased to announce our expanded Covered Service Area beginning October 1, 2015:
- Region 1: Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton
- Region 2: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor, Wakulla Washington
- Region 3: Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Sumter, Suwannee, Union
- Region 5: Pasco, Pinellas
- Region 6: Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Polk
- Region 7: Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Seminole
- Region 8: Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Sarasota
- Region 9: Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie
- Region 11: Dade, Monroe
If you are eligible for Healthy Kids and would like to learn about joining VISTA, or if you would like to learn more about qualifying for Florida's Healthy Kids program, please call 1-800-821-5437 (TTY/TDD 1-877-427-9825) to speak with a representative.
If you don’t find your doctor in our current directory, please check back often as we continue to add doctors to the Florida Healthy Kids Network or call Customer Service at 1-800-441-5501.
Healthy Behaviors ProgramWe offer programs to our members who want to stop smoking, lose weight, or address any substance abuse problems. We also offer prenatal/postpartum programs. We reward members who join and meet certain goals. Call customer service at 1-800-441-5501 to learn more about these programs.
My Online Services
Access your health care information & manage your personal health with our wellness tools.
Florida Healthy Kids Member Handbook – North Florida
Florida Healthy Kids Member Handbook – South Florida
Prior Authorization Quick Guide & Prior Authorization Rules
Healthy Kids Formulary - Alpha
Healthy Kids Formulary - Drug Class
Formulary Age Edit Restrictions
Formulary Quantity Limits
CHC FL Prior Authorization Form
Notice of Privacy Practices
Notice of Privacy Practices - Spanish